Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available from the school office. The board has determined that 20 year 0/1, 10 year 2, 10 year 3 and 5 year 4 places are likely to be available for out-of-zone students in 2024. The exact number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone.
Next year there will be 4 enrolment periods. The first enrolment period runs from the first day of school in the new year to the last day of term 1. For students seeking enrolment within the first enrolment period, the deadline for receipt of applications for out-of-zone places is Wednesday 11 October 2023.
Parents of students who live within the home zone and intend enrolling their child at any time during the next year should notify the school as soon as possible to assist the school to plan appropriately for next year.
If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot for out-of-zone places is required, it will be held on Wednesday 18 October 2023. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Click here for an application form.
Details relating to the future enrolment periods are as follows:
Term 2. Deadline for receipt of applications: March 11th 2024
Date of ballot: March 18th 2024
Term 3. Deadline for receipt of applications: 11th May 2024
Date of ballot: 18th May 2024
Term 4. Deadline for receipt of applications: 11th August 2024
Date of ballot: 18th August 2024
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority: This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth, or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group must be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.